- $1 Items
- Digitally Archived Documents
- Downloadable Maps
- DVD's and Video's
- Geology and Ore Deposits
- Jewelry Gems Lapidary
- Lode Mining
- Metal Detecting
- Mineral Processing & Metallurgy
- Mining & Geology
- No Category
- Placer Mining
- Prospecting and Exploration
- Publications by Country
- Publications By State
- Rare and Out of Print
- Treasure Hunting
A Handbook of Rocks for Use without the Microscope, with a Glossary of the Names of Rocks and of other Lithological Terms. by James Furman Kemp. 1911. Hardover.
- Chapter I - Introduction. Rock Forming Minerals. Principles of Classification
- Chapter II - General Introduction to the Igneous Rocks. Classification
- Chapter III - The Igneous Rocks, Continued. The Rocks whose chief feldspar is orthoclase. The Phonolites and Nephelite-Syenites.
- Chapter IV - The Igneous Rocks, Continued. The Dacite-Quartz-Diorite Series and the Andesite-Diorite Series
- Chapter V - The Igneous Rocks, Continued. The Basalt-Gabbro Series. The Feldspar-free basalts. The Pyroxenites and Peridotites. Ultra-basic Igneous Rocks
- Chapter VI - Remarks in review of Igneous Rocks
- Chapter VII - The Aqueous and Eolian Rocks. Introduction. The Breccias and Mechanical Sediments not Limestones.
- Chapter VIII - Limestones. Organic remains not Limestones. Rocks precipitated from solution. Determination of the Aqueous and Eolian Rocks
- Chapter IX - The Metamorphic Rocks. Introduction. The Rocks formed by Contact Metamorphism.
- Chapter X - The Metalmorphic Rocks, continued. The Rocks produced by Regional Metamorphism. Introduction. The Gneisses and Crystalline Schists
- Chapter XI - The Metamorphic Rocks, continued. The Rocks produced by Regional Metamorphism. The Quartzites and Slates. The Crystalline Limestones and Dolomites. The Ophicalcites, Serpentines and Soapstones
- Chapter XII - The Metamorphic Rocks, concluded. the Rocks produced by Atmospheric Weathering. The Determination of Metalmorphic rocks.
- Chapter XIII - The Recalculation of the Chemical Analyses.